July 26, 2022

I feel a universe breathing inside me

 


via Ancient forests (não sei quem é o autor)



I feel a universe breathing inside me

(...)


louds pass

shape by shape

trees

color by color

the river is current

and the sky is fluid

even the static mountains

are in fervent motion


everything is current 

in a profound stasis 


the woods

with a certain order

in the threshold of its disorder

and unwritten rules

can be read on the murals of life


my gaze current in the river of silence

shares a secret with the water’s conscience

all is manifest               though dark

all is manifest               in its enigma


*


in this world of insecurity

I am faith

how calm I am

in this chaos and anxiety

I will not stay

I will not stay inside

these cold melancholic crypts

        

I plant a meadow of jasmine

for the owls of desperation


I have hands full of sugarcane

for the bitterness of sorrow


you don’t know . . . do you?

what a moon I hold dear

underneath the dark tent of the night


   — Shahin Sadeghzadeh, translated from the Persian by Khashayar Kess Mohammadi


No comments:

Post a Comment