November 25, 2019

Citação deste dia




“My faith in realism and my faith in critical rationalism are not, however, commitments, but merely conjectures, since I am quite ready to give them up under the pressure of serious criticism. Yet with respect to realism I feel very near to Parmenides. For should I have to give up realism I think I should lose all interest in ideas, since the only reason for my interest is my desire to learn something about the world, and for this we need ideas, especially theories about the world. It seems to me almost miraculous that we have learnt so much about the world, even though all this knowledge is conjectural, and beset with unsolved problems, which constantly remind us how little we know.”

― Karl Popper, 'The World of Parmenides'.

No comments:

Post a Comment